What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Looking to recreate a Font Style

Jonny0r

Hello,

Looking for to recreate a Font Style which im working on for a Wallpaper, but have no idea how? :)

Anyone has an idea how i could try to redo this Font Style like on the Picture? For sure its already difficult which font was used, but how to archive this used / old look?
Would be really nice if somebody is able do it and help me out, im stuck :)

The first picture shows what i want to archive and the other was trys to get it similar..

Thanks in advance!

FONT.jpg

I can come close.

There is a Spatter filter in Photoshop that can be found in Filter>Brushstroke>Spatter. However, I confess that I don't fully understand how this filter works and I have not been able to find any good explanation of it. If you simply paint a single color swatch on a blank layer and apply the filter, it does nothing. But if any two or more colors are touching on that layer, then the filter works by creating a spatter effect wherever those different colors are touching.

Anyway, here's a rather convoluted way of getting your effect.

• Start with a bottom layer with your background color:

1682700344700.png

• On a new layer above that, use the Text tool to enter your text.
  • It would be best if you found a distorted font that already looks like your end product, but I started with a "normal" font (Cooper Std) and then (later) distorted it myself.
  • Make a selection of this text. On a new blank layer, fill that selection with black. This layer will later be used for the drop shadow, but for now, turn off its visibility.

1682700394889.png

• Go back to your text layer and add a layer mask. Using a hard black brush in the mask, distort the text... something like this:

1682700849181.png

• Now copy the entire image—distorted text plus background—onto a new layer using Stamp Visible (Shft+Ctrl+Alt+E).
  • Convert this layer to a Smart Object.
  • Go to Filter>Brush Strokes>Spatter. Experiment with the settings. I used Spray Radius=4 and Smoothness=3.
  • The Smart Object enables you to go back later and re-adjust these settings, if you wish. You can also optionally add a small gaussian blur to soften the hard edges.

1682701220322.png

• Using the magic wand, select the white text and copy it to a new blank layer.
  • Turn off the visibility of all other layers except for the bottom background layer.
  • Now turn on the visibility of the black shadow layer you created earlier. Manually position it into place.
  • Here's what I've got:

1682701799968.png

Back