What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Low resolution to high resolution

dawnmarie

Can somebody please edit this for me? I was given a low resolution logo to put on a 4ftx8ft banner. Not the whole banner just on the left side so probably about 2ft x2ft (approx). Is there a way to make this .png logo a higher resolution? I was told that it was possible but I have tried and tried but it still pixels out when I blow it up to actual size. The second picture is what I am trying to achieve. Any help would be appreciated!

Taste of Kimmswick_S2-R01b.png

TasteofKimmswick3rdProofFB.jpg

Redz166

i made it 19221 x 19221 pixels its only 3 MB but shows its too large to upload :/

So zipped it an attached it. let me know if all is well ^^

Attachments

• Taste of Kimmswick_S2-R01b-Redz.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

dawnmarie

And here is one that is 6000 on a side (which I think will be fine for 2' x 2' PNG format.
Link is for full size and the displayed one is 3000
Just another to choose from
John Wheeler

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esvsfrupe0kq6ae/Taste-of-Kimmswick_6000.png?dl=0

View attachment 100445
THANK YOU!THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I very much appreciate your time and talent!!!!! Thank you! You have no idea how much I appreciate you taking your time to do this! Can I ask how you did it? Would you consider emailing me how to do it? because I run across this A LOT! I am a photographer not a graphic designer.But the small town that I help out at and do their banners think otherwise! I know enough to be dangerous! If you would consider teaching me my email address is dawnmcknight1@gmail.com. And thank you again!!!!!!

thebestcpu

Guru
You're welcome Dawnmarie yet do note that the result provided by Redz166 before mine was higher resolution and even sharper than my result so would be great if Redz11 provided their approach.

My approach was very simple as a shortcut way on your image and likely will not work on a general image (I will explain below). The most general way would be to have the image of interest in vector/path/shape/text layer format so that it can be increased to any size and have razor sharp resolution.

I saw in your particular image that the blurry edges were only along a transparent area or a white area so here was my shortcut:
1) I enlarged to 6000x6000 using regular Image > Image Size command
2) Selected transparent area with magic wand tool with tolerance set to 32 (played with the number to see what would "eat" into the fuzzy area of the image and text
3) Created Layer Mask and Inverted then used the Select and Mask tool to smooth the edges of the Mask

4) I selected the white area of the image and used Select > Modify > Enlarge to have the selection to cover over the fuzzy boundary
5) Created a Layer Mask on a blank Layer on top of the enlarged image and Filled pixels with all white. Used the Select and Mask tool to smooth the edges of the Mask

The above gave approach was just quick approach with your particular image and not a general solution on enlarging
Hope this helps and hope to hear form Redz166 on their better approach.
John Wheeler

dawnmarie

i made it 19221 x 19221 pixels its only 3 MB but shows its too large to upload :/

So zipped it an attached it. let me know if all is well ^^
I believe I gave credit for your image to someone else and for this I apologize! I was so excited that I got an image that would work finally, I think I lost my mind for a minute. Thank you to John for pointing that out to me!!!!
So thank you REDZ166! I really really appreciate your time and talent!!!!!! Thank you so much, so I will ask you what I asked John, can you teach me your procedure for making a higher resolution image from a low resolution image? Would that be possible??? I would really appreciate it!!!! And thank you so much again!!!!

dawnmarie

You're welcome Dawnmarie yet do note that the result provided by Redz166 before mine was higher resolution and even sharper than my result so would be great if Redz11 provided their approach.

My approach was very simple as a shortcut way on your image and likely will not work on a general image (I will explain below). The most general way would be to have the image of interest in vector/path/shape/text layer format so that it can be increased to any size and have razor sharp resolution.

I saw in your particular image that the blurry edges were only along a transparent area or a white area so here was my shortcut:
1) I enlarged to 6000x6000 using regular Image > Image Size command
2) Selected transparent area with magic wand tool with tolerance set to 32 (played with the number to see what would "eat" into the fuzzy area of the image and text
3) Created Layer Mask and Inverted then used the Select and Mask tool to smooth the edges of the Mask

4) I selected the white area of the image and used Select > Modify > Enlarge to have the selection to cover over the fuzzy boundary
5) Created a Layer Mask on a blank Layer on top of the enlarged image and Filled pixels with all white. Used the Select and Mask tool to smooth the edges of the Mask

The above gave approach was just quick approach with your particular image and not a general solution on enlarging
Hope this helps and hope to hear form Redz166 on their better approach.
John Wheeler
Thank you for pointing that out, John! Oh my goodness I feel really bad!!!! So thank you and thank you for explaining your way of doing it for this particular image! I really appreciate your time!!!!

Redz166

Thank you for pointing that out, John! Oh my goodness I feel really bad!!!! So thank you and thank you for explaining your way of doing it for this particular image! I really appreciate your time!!!!

Thank you Dawn and John, i appreciate it, Johns method is technically the best method, there are many methods to do this and it depends on the quality of the source material you are working with. On this occasion i imported the file into Adobe Illustrator rather then Photoshop and converted it into a a Vector image through "Image Trace" i exported it into a PNG file while maintaining its transparency, and set the DPI to 400 ( hence why its so high resolution) it would have been perfectly fine at 300 DPI too btw.

I hope that helps if you would need a more detailed approach feel free to message me ^^

dawnmarie

Thanks so much Redz166!!! I appreciate it. I haven't gotten into Illustrator Its very intimidating to me!!! But thank you very much! I appreciate you and your time!