What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MAC Keyboard command for CROP???

Reesche

I have installed Photoshop CC 2018 and the CROP command is not the same as CS6.......It use to be OPTION-ALT-F1.

I keep seeing that it should be Shift-C..... It always brings up a preview of what you want to crop.

I just want a simple "Keyboard Command" that will let me lassou and crop. Running High Sierra.

Any Ideas here?

Thank you.

Reesche

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It use to be OPTION-ALT-F1.
What did this do?

I keep seeing that it should be Shift-C.
Hitting C brings up the Crop Tool, hitting Shift + C cycles through the crop tools......perspective crop, slice, etc.

I just want a simple "Keyboard Command" that will let me lassou and crop.
Like the Lasso Tool?

Or are you talking about dragging out a crop area (usually square or rectangular) and then hitting enter to crop. If so, then set your crop tool to classic mode........
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 12.26.20 AM.png

Would love to help but you need to describe exactly what your trying to do.

Reesche

Thank you for your reply......

See attached jpg. If I use the "Marquee tool" and select the area I want and crop our all the other areas.... as seen in the jpeg I use to just hit OPTION-ALT-F1 and it was done. if that is "Classic Mode" great! Now, please explain how you generated the gray screen shot above to select "use classic mode"? And What does the "P" and "H" beside it mean? Let me know. Thanks for your help. Reesche

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
See attached jpg. If I use the "Marquee tool" and select the area I want and crop our all the other areas.... as seen in the jpeg I use to just hit OPTION-ALT-F1 and it was done.
Just hit delete. No need for the shortcut OPTION + ALT + F1

Selection (Marquis Tool)
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.01.05 PM.png
Delete...........layer is cropped. But not the entire image/canvas.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.02.00 PM.png

OR

If I want to crop the opposite of the selection. Hit Shift + Cmd/Cntrl + I
Selection.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.03.46 PM.png

Hit delete..........layer is cropped. But not the entire image/canvas.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.04.41 PM.png

If you want to crop the entire image/canvas, you should use the Crop Tool.
Crop Tool selection in normal mode, not classic. Hit ENTER.
Just click and drag out a selection and hit enter, no need for the shortcut OPTION + ALT + F1
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.08.22 PM.png

Image and canvas now cropped.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.09.34 PM.png

Not at all sure as to why you would use a shortcut to do something that's very simple. Or maybe I'm still not understanding you.

Now, please explain how you generated the gray screen shot above to select "use classic mode"?
I'm so sorry.............but I have no idea as to what you're asking about. The grey is just the default Ps interface color.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.13.01 PM.png
Unless you're asking where the drop down menu came from. Click on the gear icon.

Reesche said:
And What does the "P" and "H" beside it mean?
The P and the H are Crop Tool shortcuts. P to enter Classic Mode and H to show cropped area.

Reesche

Any Photo..... Crop something out of it.......what is left is the marque tool crop.... That's all..... And YES.... Unless you're asking where the drop down menu came from. Click on the gear icon. Ok. Thank you again..... getting closer. I use this a lot.... so... I want to know how to use this easily...you know? Let me know... Reesche

1.JPEG

2 .JPEG

3.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, it's that easy. Just use the Crop Tool as I explained above. Glad I could help.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 7.55.09 AM.png

Reesche

Thanks ImSam......I think the main thing here is that I was using the Marquet tool instead of the actual Crop Tool. You know I do a ton of PS work and have never used the actual Crop tool in my work flow. Thanks to you, now I know. Take care! Reesche