What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

making a camera.

lasa

Power User
Ok after seeing the camera Ronmatt made and seen that others have also made cameras I'm going to try it. I've attached the camera I want to make! I've "read" tutorials, but have always been to chicken to actually attempt it....I've kept in the safety of Photo manipulation.

Ok I've got a question for people that have actually tried this photo realism stuff. When tutorials talk about adding a "gradient overlay"
they are talking about "layer style" / Gradient overlay right? as oposed to adjustment layer gradients or the Gradient tool right?

Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead! This is how I learn or give up....so here it goes see you all in a while...I will show you guys what ever comes out!

Lasa

Good luck, and have fun. By the way, I've been asked to and am in the process of preparing a step by step tutorial on this camera (thing is, it's not my best work. But the good stuff I've done has been published and there are copyright issues) It's gonna be a really good tute with screenshots of every step. The way I use a gradient overlay for my style of illustration, is to copy the image I want to shade, after it's been converted (I prefer .png with transp.) then on the copy, apply a gradient from the blend palette and manipulate the density. I do it this way so that I can change the angles of the grad. without effecting the angles on the base image. Then, when you've got what you want. merge, don't flatten.

My first camera from scratch

Well this is what I have so far...so far...ha! I really don't know if I have the patience to make another gradient layer ever again. Since I don't exactly know what I'm doing it all over the place but...Its a lot better then I expected I'm pleased with it.
Maybe next year I'll finish it...what a ton of work..I hope you guys that do this sort of thing make millions!

My hat's off to anybody that does this sort of stuff...
I think I'm going to stick to photos correction and regular line drawing and coloring...but the truth is I've learned a ton... this is how you learn.
Lasa

Back