What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making these scanlines and fade out

kim123

Hi Everyone,

Before I jump headfirst into scanline tutorials, could someone look at this logo and tell me what the best way to make these type of scanlines is?

I really like how they fade out also.

I tried making scanlines with the built-in filter but the lines end up so big, they don't look like scanlines.

Any advice?? :) :) :)

Thanks,

Kim

There is another thread running at the moment containing a discussion on scanlines... here it is http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2993

There are also a number of tutes out there, which should only take a few seconds to work through, as scan lines are pretty "idiot proof".

I'm at work at the moment (and not supposed to be here [shhh] ), otherwise i'd write a mini tute for you. If you'd like one let me know, and i'll post it - but i really don't think you'll need it. You'll see... the loving family here will be all over you before I get a chance to check back in.

Good luck and cheers, enjoy this beautiful (although somewhat dreary) day!!!

The logo has mysteriously disappeared.

If it's a fading effect from scanlines to nothing then that can be achieved by a layer mask with a gradient in it.

Sanby

best way to make these type of scanlines is?

I really like how they fade out also.

Logo?... WHAT logo?!

umm, uh, hehe....apparently that "fade out" part was so effective it took the whole darn logo with it.....
;\

O.K. here's the logo:
http://www.readingonline.org

Thanks everyone---for the advice. I'm working on one of the tuts now.

as scan lines are pretty "idiot proof".
Thanks Bubble, I'll let you know. %}

Kindest Regards,
Kim

Yes, that can be achieved with a layer mask.

Create a layer mask on the layer with the scanlines and then take a gradient and drag it on top of the layer. The gradient won't show up but you will be left with this fading effect.

That is a really quick run down of how to do it because I ave to go to school but, if you want more help just yell.

Sanby

You can also use layer clipping which gives you a little more control. Take your scanlines layer and create a new blank layer under it. Then, while holding down your alt key, cick the line between the two layers. Your top layer will dissappear and change appearance in the layers pallette. Now, whatever you paint on the bottom blank layer will make whatever is in the top layer appear. Try loading a the layer transparency SELECT>LOAD SELECTION and load the layer transperancy for the scanlines layer, then use a color to transparent grandient on the blank layer to make them fade professional like. Hope this helps.

Back