What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mass image batch's?

photoshop_uk

I need to know if can creat a mass image batch in photoshop, like an action but one that is performed automticaly on a whole batch, maybe using makro?????? i really have no idea if i can do this and how???? please help

You can apply an Action to a bunch of files.
File > Automate > Batch
Pretty self-explainatory from there.

Open the actions palette
Click the "layer icon" left to the dustbin
give your action a clearly discernable name
then start recording:

don't use any shortcuts here: always use menus!!!)

example:
Image>Mode change Lab to RGB
File>Save As (was a mac Tiff) PSD

Then click the square button (stop recording)

NOW OPEN FILE AUTOMATE BATCH

your new action will alredy be there in the top part of the dialog. If not, just browse
If the source is a folder, then choose source>folder, and browse to it
Also choose your destination folder, and evt the names your files shoud get.

Then run batch and voil?.

This is an example. If you have questions, just post them, but in that case: please incluce specific data.
:perfect:

Why not use shortcuts? I use them all the time when I record an Action. Seems to work fine for me.

Because I read somewhere that it doesn't work with shortcuts and I never tried this one out. ;\

Otoh: for someone who is learning the first steps, I find it better to use the menus. Question of knowing what is done.

"hit CtrlA, then Ctrl C then Ctrl V"
Everyone can do that, but when you're new, you learn more by Select All, Edit Copy to clipboard and paste from clipboard unto a new layer.

my idea of course.

Later on, the shortcuts come in very handy.

Back