What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merging two separate paths

Rajkumar

Is it possible to merge two separate paths created with pen tool. I don't want to add extra lines. I want to place anchor point of one path over the anchor point of other path and combine to make a single path. In this pic, I made a semi circle, copied and flipped it. Now I want to make it full circle, closed object. I want to create symmetrical closed shapes and save it to custom shapes.1550777669225.png

1) use direct selection tool to select both parts
2) take pen-tool and move close to first point and see the cursor change , and then click
3) go with the pen tool and move close to the second point and see the cursor change , and then click

do the same for the other points

I don't want to add extra lines. I just want a perfectly symmetrical object. Something similar to join option in illustrator. If its not possible, tell me how to snap anchor point of one path to anchor point of other path

Back