What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message Lost When trying to Post a Link

PSStyleADay

Well I just typed a 6 paragraph answer and submitted with a link to hoeflerfrerejones dot com and it didn't let me and didn't save my text so...

That really needs to be fixed on this forum.

Re: Let's talk fonts

Well I just typed a 6 paragraph answer and submitted with a link to hoeflerfrerejones dot com and it didn't let me and didn't save my text so...

That really needs to be fixed on this forum.

Two more posts and you will be allowed to post links. If you read the rules this should be clear... it's just a measure for reducing spam and blatant advertising.

Anyway when this happens it does not delete your post, you just have to take the link out until you have made 10 posts.

I did click back, but everything I typed was gone. Other vbulletin forums I am on will give you that error message without reloading the entire page and making you lose content. Just a suggestion.

I know the rules against posting spam links and links to your own site before 10 posts, which is why there is no link in my signature either, but I assumed real and helpful links to third party websites were not a problem.

I'm not sure why you reloaded the page or how you lost your message, but you should not even have to click back at all. You should get an error message on the page when you try to post that tells you not to post links before 10 posts. It uses ajax so the page is not even reloaded, and your message should still be there. If you click back or reload the page then maybe it would delete your text, but there's no need to do that.

I just created a new account to test and make sure it was working properly, and everything seems to be fine. This is what it looks like (it looks the same in advanced mode as well):

BMzMr.jpg

***NOTE***
I moved this out of the font thread because it is not related.

This is not what happened for me. It sent me to another page and gave me an actual error code, and then that message.

I am used to it using AJAX to load it so it doesn't leave the page, that's what I was talking about in the post too. Something odd must have happened. Not that you can look into it now since I didn't take a screenshot or anything.

Hmm, I see. Well thanks for reporting it I will try and reproduce the error.

Back