What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing ants, colour range selection?

Hi all,
This is my first post and i'm no professional With PS although I have been using it for years so your patience is appreciated..
I am trying to get my head around luminosity masks via adjustment layers and colour range. All was going well in the tutorial I was following until I done something wrong (or so I thought) so I decided to do a prefrences reset (Ctrl/Shift/Alt on start).
Now when I make a selection with colour range and exit from it it shows on the mask, but I have no marching ants. I can make the ants active via select/load selection but this is fustrating me.
I have been trying to resolve this all day and uninstalled Creative cloud and reinstalled PS CC 2018.
Could anybody tell me where the problem may lie Pls
Cheers, Tom :thumbsup:
PS, I can also activate them by Shift and clicking on the mask but I'm sure they used to automatically appear or am I going mad?
Lifes too short but this is doing my head in lol

Last edited:
Maybe the problem is a mask itself, because this sounds like normal behavior in photoshop if mask is made from pixels visible in less than 50%, try making for example white square on white background and select it with color range :) try and tell as what is the result :)

Thnx for your reply Renart.
I've compleatly made a problem that wasn't there in the first place. I have been using the colour range whilst the mask thumbnail has been selected instead of the adjacent layer thumbnail.
At least I got there in the end even if it did drive me mad over nothing.
Thnx once again :thumbsup:

Back