What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More RAM or faster CPU

Santana said:
Hi all! I have an old computer Sempron 2600+ and 1Gb RAM. So my question is what I should to upgrade for more comfortable working in PS - buy a new CPU, or additional RAM? Thanks in advance

If you're constantly running out of memory, then a memory upgrade would be wise and cheap (prices of memory have come down again). If you're not running out of memory, then a CPU upgrade might be worth it, but it's probbaly going to cost more and it's a question whether you can get a CPU that's not too expensive, fast enough and is supported by your motherboard. I wouldn't invest in a CPU though if it wouldn't give me at least a few hundred percent performance gain, but that's just me. :\

Santana wrote:
Hi all! I have an old computer Sempron 2600+ and 1Gb RAM. So my question is what I should to upgrade for more comfortable working in PS - buy a new CPU, or additional RAM? Thanks in advance

As gaussian said.

I like to tell you more.........now way days computer/electronic technology is changing rapid fast................Todays technology need more power,need high resources,hungry for money that means.

If you only stick to your PS and no more games.....no more other stuff then you need nothing to upgrade.

If not you want to play lot of games.....3D Programs and more multimedia stuff....then you should seriously think about more RAM ,CPU and a Graphic card must.

If your really interested to upgrade your PC........sale you old PC and buy a closet to dual core if it's cost is purely low to get going on.

If you want to know more ......try searching in Google about buying guides and tips.

Back