What's new

moving files between ps and ai

Tepazi

Hi there, I came across a problem in Ai and I couldn't find a solution to it even after trying many different methods and asking in forums,
Eventually what worked is to copy-paste it to PS and to fix it there! Now, Can I get it back to Ai with the photoshop effect?? :)

puraidodes

Hi, Could you explain a bit more of what you are trying to do in Photoshop?

Copy- Paste action is the easiest way to get some shapes to Photoshop. But open-ended shapes will have troubles when it comes from AI to PS and taking it back to AI.
Also, did you try to paste it in as a Smart Object?

Tepazi

Hi puraidodes, Thank you for your reply!
I've made a text logo for the phrase 'today im flying' and I wanted one of the versions of the design to have all the letters joined (with the shape builder tool) except for the line between 'im' and 'in', and have a large stroke on the outside of each word of the phrase, while keeping the lines between the 'im' and the 'in' with a small stroke, and I wanted all to have a gradient.
Each method that I tried in Ai resulted in a non-smooth gradient between the lines and the rest of the word, the only thing that solved the problem was to copy-paste it into PS as a smart object and apply a gradient on the whole thing.
I'll try to work on it some more now and I'll share a picture to explain better...
Thanks again!