What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moving files between ps and ai

Tepazi

Hi there, I came across a problem in Ai and I couldn't find a solution to it even after trying many different methods and asking in forums,
Eventually what worked is to copy-paste it to PS and to fix it there! Now, Can I get it back to Ai with the photoshop effect?? :)

puraidodes

Hi, Could you explain a bit more of what you are trying to do in Photoshop?

Copy- Paste action is the easiest way to get some shapes to Photoshop. But open-ended shapes will have troubles when it comes from AI to PS and taking it back to AI.
Also, did you try to paste it in as a Smart Object?

Tepazi

Hi puraidodes, Thank you for your reply!
I've made a text logo for the phrase 'today im flying' and I wanted one of the versions of the design to have all the letters joined (with the shape builder tool) except for the line between 'im' and 'in', and have a large stroke on the outside of each word of the phrase, while keeping the lines between the 'im' and the 'in' with a small stroke, and I wanted all to have a gradient.
Each method that I tried in Ai resulted in a non-smooth gradient between the lines and the rest of the word, the only thing that solved the problem was to copy-paste it into PS as a smart object and apply a gradient on the whole thing.
I'll try to work on it some more now and I'll share a picture to explain better...
Thanks again!