What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving one image into another image problem

puppychew

Power User
Hi -
using Windows 10
Photoshop CC

I am working on an image that is basically a large chart made of over 100 small images.

There are about 20 rows. Each row has 10 images across.

I am working with a split screen. I drag the new image into my chart to the row I would like it to be. However when I drag it in, the image gets placed 15 rows away and I then need to scroll around and search for it and then drag it to the proper location. It seems that each new image always lands in the same location.

This is difficult since the image is very large and it wastes a lot of time searching for it.

Is there anything that I can do so the new image I insert lands in a location where I am working?
Thanks,
Ken

Is there anything that I can do so the new image I insert lands in a location where I am working?
Any images dragged onto a canvas will appear above a highlighted/selected layer. Make sure you select the layer just below where you would like the images to enter the layer stack.

Hi - I am dragging it below where I want it to be but it goes 10 or more rows higher. This is significantly higher and I need to reduce the view plus scroll up. I would be fine with it just appearing a few rows higher but this is a real lot higher. I didn't know if there was any setting in the preferences that I may have had wrong.

Hi - I am dragging it below where I want it to be but it goes 10 or more rows higher.
Did you highlight/select the layer below where you want the image(s) to go? I ask because you made no mention of whether or not you did.

Yes - actually I am replacing current images. I click on the image layer that I want to replace on the chart. I then go to the new image and drag it into the chart (canvas) below the destination.

Back