What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple photograph watermarking using an action.../problem/

Jim E Neutron

I have just learned how to apply a watermark or copyright to a group of photographs using an action command. But as the action is running, before each image closes, I get the window asking me to specify image quality (1 to 12). I have to hit 'OK' for each image before it closes, and the action completes the rest.

Does anyone know how to add this to the action or have 'ok' automatically hit so I don't have to push it for each image. A friend of mine has a piece of software that does it automatically, but I cannot remember the name of it and want to know if it is something within Photoshop that can do it. I am currently running PHOTOSHOP CS. Thanks for your help.

Action Packed Response!

Greetings Jim,

Try using Save for Web... instead of Save As... in your Action Script. It works without a 'pixel resolution' dialog box.

Essentially it's exporting instead of saving but it produces the same results.

Just remember that if you're saving over the same image with the same name, it will ask you if you want to replace the old file with the new one (the Action Script won't respond to this for you). The best way around this is to use a separate target folder (for example, one named, "Watermarked") rather than the original folder. Then if you want to replace the old images with the new ones, you can drag n' drop them from the new folder to the old folder after you've watermarked them.

chaning your image

you have to hit ok because you are changing your orig. image then saving it as the same name...... just like if you were to start a new image then save it.... then open it later to work on it, and add stuff. then hit ctrl. S it asks if you want to save over the orig.

sorry that took alot more words to explain then needed

Back