What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator My favorate toon

nitrobutler

Power User
While growing up Popeye was one of my favorite toons.
I know I need help with the wood, and could've brung this image over to PS in order to create it, but I wanted to create this only in Illustrator.
I left this image layers intact, so be brutal, then I'll be able to go back and correct it.

uh cuh cuh cuh cuh cuh... (that's my impression of Popeye, it sounds better out loud, really)

Nice work, as your interpretation, it's great. Depending on how close you want it to look, it could use some refining to lookmore like Popeye.

That fish seems (like much else) to weigh more than Olive Oil.

Good Job.

Hey....I yam what I yam...ands that's all dat I yam...uck uck uck!

Gotta love Popeye :perfect:

Don't know if it will help with your scene but here's a simple little wooden pier backdrop I did for a cartoon in vector a while back.
The grain on the wood is just basically long irregular lines and vector shapes. Did the whole dock affair from a straight-on view and used the perspective tool to shape it.

Pier.jpg

Keep up the good work!--RackToon

Wow! thanks RackToon! I've saved the pier image you've made and will use it for future reference :perfect:

Back