What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first 55 gallon fish aquarium!!

Wait

I decided not to wait any longer.. I went out and bought a 55 gallon from Wal*Mart and some sand from ACE Hardware. I have been feeling real bad for my fish and after I heard a comment about an elephant living in a garage I decided to go out and do what I have needed to do for awhile. BUY A LARGER TANK!

I still have my sights set on a 150 gallon but that will have to come some time in the future. And as for the other fish (Another Convict, Jack Dempsey, Texas Cichlid, 3 Algae Eaters, 3 Cory Cats) they will be added within the week.. I don't want to over load the tank all at once.

55_gal_start.jpg

55_conHome1.jpg

55_gal_labeled.jpg

I have never had this large of a tank before so you can imagine my excitement. Most of all, when I put the Con in there and saw him start to swim around... That just brought a huge smile on my face. He was stuck in a 10 gallon tank and now he has 45 more gallons to call home. Same will go for the Texas Cichlid (currently living in a 10 gallon) and the Dempsey, other Con, Algae Eaters, and Cory Cats (all currently living in a 29 gallon).

Though? when I happen upon a 150 gallon for the right price I will not be concerned about the fish?s health anymore. My ?elephant? will no longer have to live in the garage but have substantial space in a palace set aside with friends.

Alistair

Guru
You're going to put all of them in one tank? Well, make sure one isn't a predator or prey of the other :D ;)

kiwi

Guru
Hey very cool Wait :perfect:

An old friend had a huge tank and we used to sit there and watch about 30 fishies I think it was do their thing,it was like the sims or a society quite amazing.I never knew so many fish were just plain cranky [stuned]

I dont know much at all about tanks or stuff but is normal sand ok for the fish?

Stu.

Wait

I don't see why it wouldn't be.. as long as it is clean there shouldn't be a problem. I hear a lot of people that have used "play" sand for their tanks with no problems accruing.

G

I can understand your excitement Wait ;)
I have a small tank myself and although the fish seem to be quite happy, I was thinking about buying a 55 gallon one day too (a long one), once it's the right time. So what kind of filter are you using? It looks like a tiny one [stuned]

Wait

Well, I have two on there right now. A Magnum 300 canister filter and a Aqua-Tech 30-60 power filter which came with the setup. I plan on switching that filter out with a larger on some time in the near future. :perfect:

Wait

Put another "home" in their home.. ;)
lol.. If you want you can play that seek and find game to see what is different in the pics above... :D :D :rofl: :rofl:
thecave.jpg

sfm

Guru
Hey Wait if your into fish you might like this place http://forums.delphiforums.com/fishyfrolics/start it is a public forum for fish lovers :D

It is very exciting to get a new tank - I don't think we will be building any more for some time (not sure of the conversion but we have a 1000 litre tank).
We just got a couple of gobies (sand sifters) as the sand in the tank was getting a bit dirty and the sand we use is the same sand they use in a pool's filter! We also got a bicolour angel he is so pretty brilliant yellow and dark blue :D and yeah Stu we sit and watch the fish more than the TV here......... with the clowns fighting over anenome's prawns tied on string dropped into the tank for a feed = entertainment frenzies of all sorts ha ha ha
sfm

sfm

Guru
he he he it happens [saywhat] or we get the "nothing happens when I switch it on"........... but did you plug it in? oops [stuned]
sfm

wbiss

Guru
How exciting for you! Congratulations Wait! :D

And, nice pics... thanks for sharing! ;)

I don't have a clue how big a 55 gal tank is [confused]... maybe a pic of you beside the tank to give me an idea? :)

lindaw

Power User
Very cool! I have 3 tanks, one 10 gal, one 5 gal hex and one 20 gal right now. I have Tetras and an African Dwarf Frog in the 10 gal, Betta in the 5 gal hex since he ate some of the Tetras he has to be by himself, and two Oscars and a Bala Shark in the 20 gal. Needless to say another tank is in order for the Oscars soon.