What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new project

Tron

Guru
You can follow this thread or not - that is up to you.

What I am doing is trying to write a story and do the illustrations in PS and Poser. It is a story of fantasy, recounting the adventures of a young princess and her encounters with the strange and wonderful creatures she encounters in the forest surrounding her father's castle.

The Princess is bored, all of the villagers are off on a Holy Crusade and she has no people of her own age to play with. She has heard stories of strange creatures who live in the forest - but of course these are just legend.

In her desperation she wanders into the forest to see if the legends are true or false - and the adventures begin.......

The first challenge is to create the Princess, she must of course be pretty, young and with a sense of naivet?. The image below is what I have come up with so far and I would appreciate comments.

As the princess wanders into the forest she encounters al types of strange and wonderful beings.
Of course as the story progresses she will meet them one at a time but here is an image of some of them.

P.S. the princess needs a name - any suggestions!!

I will post a URL where you can see these pics in full size as I progress [confused] [confused]

Argggggh! look about behnd that tree Princess its a politician [stuned] .....well they are worse then Dragons...

Good idea Rick :).....as for a name how about Naieva :D.Do you have anything a bit more medieval for her to wear like leather etc,looks a little bit like she just stepped out of the mall in that top, jmo :)

Stu.

I agree Stu, and I am working on a better wardrobe, the name you suggested? does it have a historical reference?

Nah bud - Naieve + an A,because you said she had to be naieve :D

Ooooh, I like her, she's very cute Rick, looks just like a doll. :}

I agree with Stu about the clothing though, maybe even just a change of colour and some tatters would have done it, make the loop bits look more metal, something, but i love it :perfect:

The Princess is alone in the castle, it is damp and dark, she longs for company, a little respite from the everyday bordom. As she sits in front of the fire in the castle great room she dreams of better days.

She has heard the stories told by the ancients, of the wondrous things that live outside the castle walls.

She has never been allowed to venture into the forest, there is always the danger of the Traugs. The one time she has been out one of her fathers Knights accompanied her, and there were no Traugs, nothing to fear.

The princess thinks "from what I've heard of Traugs they don't sound all that scary to me"

"but the Dragon - that is another thing altogether"

I have been told of a world beyond the castle gates, a world of wonderment and delight and I must see it.

But alas, I can only dream --------------------------

hey cute Rick :perfect:
If I suddenly think of a name etc I will jump in but for now I will enjoy the story he he he
sfm

It looks like the Princess may have found some friends.

I though this turned out kind of cute, especially the little guy in the window.

Hope I can use it in the story somewhere.

;) This is a great idea Rick! I've been enjoying your progress thus far... :perfect: :}

How's this project coming along?

You might want to consider (when it's complete) putting it into the form of an e-book! ;) Just a thought...

I've been using "flip album" www.flipalbum.com to produce picture storybooks and it works like a charm for this sort of thing! :D I burn them to CD and give them as gifts to family members.

You're welcome, Rick! When I saw what you were up to, this was the first thing that came to mind. ;)

Hey Wendy with the flip album can Rick make the cover the same texture as the castle? that would be sooooooo cool he he he

I downloaded the trial but there is only one "template" that is enough to put me off the book thing [sleepy] so I might think on this one but thanks for the link Wendy :D
sfm

;) To answer your question, YES Sue! Designing your own templates is, supposedly, very *easy*. I say "supposedly" because I've never done it (yet) but I do know that there is an active forum that deals with these design issues. :)

Back