What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

>>>MY PHOTOSHOP CRASHED!!!<<<

Alistair

Guru
There's something definately wrong here! This morning photoshop opened perfectly.. I was able to load things and everything.. At about 8:30 a.m. I went out for one of my drivers ed driving lessons... and before I did I disconnected and closed photoshop. I jst came back.. tried to open photoshop. First sign of something wrong...: The status in the loading window said scanning for plug-ins: (and it scrolled through all the plug-ins)... and then it did initializing... (etc. etc.) loading brushes, and one more thing after loading brushes... and photoshop disappears! Just.. poof. [stuned] [saywhat] I tried restarting the comp... powering it down and doing scandisk... I tried everything... I just don't want to hassle with reinstalling ps. Can ANYONE help me!!?? Please? :( :(| }P

Backup your preference file and then start Photoshop, while holding down the shift+ctrl+alt key when you use Windows.

Josh said:
Backup your preference file and then start Photoshop, while holding down the shift+ctrl+alt key when you use Windows.
Whoa... I knew that... but I forgot about it. Thanks josh. Hey, it worked... but was the problem? It's not my presets that was closing ps... right? [confused] That's the first time that has happened to me ever since i've had ps7 (It hasn't even happened to me with 6) Thanks again - Alistair

The same exact thing happened to me not too long ago, the same exact fix fixed it, no other problems since. I was ripping my hair out at this one, glad you got it figured out quicker than i did.

tranquil222 said:
The same exact thing happened to me not too long ago, the same exact fix fixed it, no other problems since. I was ripping my hair out at this one, glad you got it figured out quicker than i did.
I almost had a heart attack... I can't live without my photoshop. "gotta have my photoshop" :D

Just for my own education, what does holding down the Shift-Ctrl-Alt key do when you start PS.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Alistair said:
I have to memorize that.. it's a good thing to know [stuned]

I told you i had to memorize it. Oddly it happened to me yet another time. I wander if I should buy photoshop cs. Does it have many problems lately?

#Tip

You can also set the properties of the Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp file after you have a working copy of it, so that the file will not get overwritten and corrupted.

The setting is "Read Only" on a Windows machine.

Saves a lot of hassle.

anepu

THanks Josh.

I was browsing the boards since I had the same problem and that was the solution.

I never knew about that.

I was gonna wipe the drive.

Back