What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEED HELP ASAP - Project due!!

phenomenon

OK, don't know wtf happened but my color display is fubar'd. No matter what file I open in PS (7) the dispaly is darker, desaturated, and of hue from what it should be. (See pics below)
However it is only the display, for example if I take any of the files and save them for web the colours display fine!! THIS IS DRIVING ME TO DRINK!!!! more than normal. Plus I have a squib due this afternoon to one of our VP's. What's going on!! Sorry if this is a little confusing, don't have time to write it out clearer....

PLease tell me this is just something small and easy to fix...
----------------------------------------
right.jpg: This is what is looks like in save for web, and what the workspace SHOULD look like...
wrong.jpg: This is what it looks like in the workspace...

Check that your gamma correction is set up correctly.
Go to your windows control panel and run Adobe Gamma, and follow the set up instructions there. Not sure what the equivelant is on a Mac.

Also have a look at the Edit->Color Settings options in photoshop.

Good luck with the presentation

CC

Thanks Cap'n, but I already tried those to no avail...I can get it closer, but it's still off...what ticks me off is that it worked fine Turs morn, shut down PS, then use it again in the afternoon and its f**ked up. My computer was locked and no one here would be changing my PS settings anyway. I've tried killing all prefs...but that doesn't change anything....and its not a monitor/hardware problem since it looks the same on both monitors and still displays correctly in save for web preview....grrrrr

What colour profile do you normally use,is it sRGB?

I would have gone along along with Capn and said prefs,as the save for web and its fine,sounds like the view menu has been changed from Windows to Mac or vice versa,but if it isnt that and your monitor is still ok then I have no idea sorry [stuned]

The only advice I can give is start calibrating again and use this link,and remember to save your profile you create.

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/

Stu.

Phenomenon, does this only happen in PS, and only in the Save for Web? I you save the file by some other means (like Save as: JPG) does it do the same thing? And, does your monitor display the same behavior in other apps?

If it's only in PS, particularly only in Save for Web, it's most likely a corrupted Preference file. You said you "killed all prefs" but did you remove the preferences file itself?

If you haven't, try it. Here's Adobe's prefs file reference for all platforms.

Hey Everyone,

I've tried all things suggested but the solution was only solved by reinstalling PS...pain in the ass, especially since I forgot to back up my custom brushes and action sets beforehand!!! Ah well, seems to work now, but I still don't know what caused the problem to start with....

Thanks for the help and suggestions though! :perfect:

Back