What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help - how to create wheel tracks in sand for my map

Portal

Hi,
I'm quite a noob concerning PS. I used it over the years for basic editing and sometime trying more complicated stuff.
I'm mainly a tabletop gamer and I'd like to create my own battlemap for my miniatures. I've found great stuff on some forums dedicated to this topic and improve a little bit my PS skills creating some maps.
But I encounter a problem that could be better answered by PS-addicts than by miniatures-addicts.

I'm trying to build a map for a buggy race in the desert, and I feel that I really need tracks of tires in the sand. I've tried to use some "tracks brushes", but it didn't let me draw my tracks, only using it as "stamps".
So, could someone help me to find a way to make my circuit more realist ?

I attach an exemple of a pro map, looking a bit like what I want to achieve concerning the "roads". If anyone got good ideas of how to do that, I'll be happy :)
I also attach my work on my map to show where I am.

gaslands-game-mat-playmat-track-6x4-title.jpg

desert2.jpg