What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some info!

FHORNLEGHORN

Hi all,just joined and already I have a q? :D

I'm curious as to what effects or filters this photographer used to get the look in this photo.........its very crisp and clear!

Any ideas? :)

CRAP! Hey sorry about this FHORNLEGHORN !
I srewed up here. DOH! [doh] I saw 2 photos exactly the same so went to remove one of them... and for some odd reason the board removed both.

Sorry about that. Please reattach your sample photo ok? Just click on the edit button at the top-right side of your post and go through the attachment procedure again.

Gee... what a great welcome this is huh?! :rofl:
Really sorry. Welcome to the community though, hope you enjoy your stay! :perfect:

To answer you question anyway, since i did see the photo...

First off, the photo was most likely taken with a very good camera. Some special lighting effects have been applied to the buildings and surrounding landscape it appears...
Plus, the sky is completely composited. It doesn't look to be the original sky... why do i say that? Look at the water... the clouds are not being reflected.
These combination of things, albeit not completely "filtered" as you were thinking, produce the overall finished effect/look of the scene.

That's my take. [excited]

Welcome aboard Fhornleghorn (I like that cartoon too he he he) :perfect:
the image sounds interesting from Mark's description and i hope you post it up again soon - it would be the type of image that people could learn from ......... real? or not so real? why? :\ it makes people really look at an image instead of glancing over them :D
sfm

I agree with Mark. When I saw the picture it looked like some of the elements were drawn over; like the trees, which were overly green. I think it is over-enhanced, personally. Ive never seen a sunset create that wierd and irregular of lighting. Very nice composition and angle though.
:)
Hey by the way this is my 222nd post, my lucky number!

Welcome FHORNLEGHORN! :)

Now we're all anxious to see the image that you speak of. [excited]

Ahhhh... FHORNLEGHORN. Thanks for posting! ;)

[shhh] There's an "edit" button on the upper right side of your post! ;)

Dead give-away that this is a 'manipulated' photo:
a) sky, but no clouds reflected in the water
b) highlights on the big tree are more prevalent in the water reflection
c) too much of a 'glow' around the buildings (sky, obviously cut-out and replaced)
d) lighting is "off"... purple sky denotes "nightfall" and the buildings don't reflect that mood (i.e. no purple overlay on the main scene)

... and I'm sure, that there are many more "giveaways" if one takes the time the scrutinize. ;)

As for "effects", it's difficult to say without seeing the photographer's "before image"... [confused]

ummm... actually wendy, there is no edit button at the moment ???

;\ ;\ ;\ ;\ ;\

oh my god... an idiot, stupid idiot, looking at someones elses post, of course there isn't an edit button, what on earth, mumbles, shakes head... i think that's even dumber than sue's mistake!!

[saywhat] [saywhat] [saywhat] That could be so Bubble... ;)

...Normally, a "member" is able to edit their own posts! [confused]

but then, this board is "maturing" and "growing" and there will continue to be "idiosyncrasies" now and then... :\

thanks wendy, but i did realise what i did wrong!!! :D

great, and now two posts... oh well, while i have a reply screen to waste i'll ask an innane question...

Wendy... are you feeling a little ill having changed colours so much lately?

changed colours Bubble as in ;\ to [saywhat] ????? [confused] [confused] [confused]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[shhh] yes

Wendy, well that's very good too, i didn't think of that :rofl:

i actually meant this... its changed colours so much in the last couple of days, don't know if anyone else has noticed...

[confused] You're much too clever for me, Bubble!

;) [shhh] Never noticed that... :\

golly I sneak off to an Island for a couple of days and come back to find I have made a mistake! [stuned] immpossible :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: okay which one Bubble he he he
sfm

Back