What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pruning guidelines...

theKeeper

Guru
Folks, to keep the Forum running as fast as possible, and make it enjoyable for our 56k users too, i'm implementing a new rule for the amount of time threads will remain in the database.

All threads that are not active after 2 months will be pruned. I feel 2 months of inactivity is more than enough time for such posts to be hanging around.

As well as this, i've reduced the total file size for attachments to 100kb instead of 150kb. 100kb is still a great deal more than most evry other forum allows for file attachments, so i think we're still getting a fair deal here with this new limit.

Hopefully these things combined will aid in keepng our Forum running smoothly.

Thanks for your understanding. :B

:shocked:
I think that you should create a "precious threads" section to keep the best ones for a little more time, but only the real valuable ones, the ones that you know that sooner or later will return again...
I agree with you, this problem didn?t affect only 56k users, I have a broadband connection, and sometimes this forum gets pretty lazy.... :p
But I was always very patient... :D
Cheers!

Thx TaK.

Yes actually we're talking about how we can setup/run a specific thread for the exceptional artwork that people post. We're thinking about making it be based on member voting. We're just going over a few internal issues with the setup before we start this off.

We'll post a notice as soon as it's in motion though. :perfect:

Mark, I know you heard that a lot of times alredy, but this is one of the greatest forum that I know over the internet, [it?s the only community that I?m into besides DeviantArt]
and it has been here for some time now...
I wanted to cogratulate you for "owning" this place so well and let the "magic" happening.
Everytime I meet someone who wants to learn PS I direct them here, as I know he is going to be well received by the wonderfull people who participate here.
Thanks again, and Cheers...

Thx TaK, nice of you to say.

I take only a small amount of credit for our 'community' here though. The members have made this place what it is. I simply try to provide a 'hall' in which to hold our 'dance'. :perfect:

Back