What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New (Used) car.

What do you think.

• Good purchase.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad purchase.

• SUV's are bad for the environment

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait

This is just a little off topic. :\

Well, I'm looking into buying a new (Used) car. The one I have is still holding up but as some of you know there is a time in your cars life when you just have to let her go. She is 17 years old. It's a Toyota Camera, '86. The car has 136k miles and I think the starter may be going bad and the fan runs all the time. All I need to do to fix that problem is replace a sensor.

I was driving by Goodwill to pick up a bike for a friend and saw a maroon 1990 Toyota 4Runner V6 4x4 (150k mil) for sale. I have not yet been able to get a hold of the owner but I plan to.

I?ve done a small amount of research on the vehicle mainly dealing with price and gas mileage. I want to get a general idea of what it will cost me to own. So far I have seen as low as 4K and as high as 10k.

Does anyone have any experience with this vehicle?

This isn't the actual truck but similar.
  • 40.jpg
    [/list:u]

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
She's a beauty, wait. I don't know what the US version is like, But the Asian version is great (slightly smaller - our size - hehehe ).

The Asian version runs on diesel so it's economical. And parts are easy to come by but a bit on the expensive side. People who usually go to mountain logging sites or off-track expeditions use this vehicle. And it runs well on city streets. Maintenance? People who own her say it's not that bad (Well, going up the mountains on rough road everytime is hell on any vehicle. Will you frequent the mountains?).

But for your model as in any vehicle, it's best to really check her out well. As well as avalability and cost of parts.

vee

husker

I hate to see you stop with the Toyota Camera, my first one was a 1983 I got 215,000 miles on it, I bought it new, motor finally blew up. I replaced it with a 1985 3 years ago and it now has 179,000 miles on it. These little jewels are priceless. IMO [oops]

sfm

Guru
nice wheels :perfect:
the decision on buying or not as Vee said should be investigated more with parts etc........ I would also like to add .......... don't forget the purse strings! and as you already know the expense doesn't stop with the purchase so I would look into rego and insurance too :D
sfm

Status
Not open for further replies.