What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie says hi all... uh, I have a questions....

place57

Ok I am very new to Photoshop and have fallen in love with it. But I have a very basic questions that I cannot find an answer to.

Can someone, in newbie terms explain what a path is, and why I would use it?

Thanks! (I am busy making an avatar as we speak.....)

Bob

wbiss

Guru
Welcome aboard place57! :D Glad to have you join us!

"Paths"... hmmm, not so easily explained! But, basically, paths are special types of selections that are made up of a group of movable points that allow you to create any kind of shape you want.

For a more in-depth tutorial and explanation as to how you can use "paths", I will refer you here http://www.sketchpad.net/paths1.htm

Have fun here, playing and learning! ;)

Tron

Guru
Welcome Place57 , as well as what Wendy said, I recommend that you give Mark's tutorials a try they will help you a great deal. Just click on Marks picture at the top of the page.

place57

Thanks everyone for the help! I will hit those tutorials. Now to go back to lurking and learning......

Bob[/quote]

Leejune

Welcome aboard place57. I am new at this too, and your question is very timely. Have been struggling with the "paper curl" tutorial this past week, and it deals with "paths". Have gotten alot of help from the board.

AppleCider

Power User
Welcome to the madhouse, place57 B7

The inmates are friendly and helpful! Don't be afraid to ask questions, and to contribute.