What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh Yeah Baby!! I Got A New Book!!

marine0311

Just picked up the photoshop 7 Bible!! This is one huge book!!

marine0311

I have just been paginf through it..

Let me tell you this is packed full of info!! I will be passing some on to the Guru's!!

G

And not only that Matt, but the author Deke McClelland is considered to be one of the best writers (if not the best) when it comes to photoshop and I know pretty sure that not many people will argue with me about that ;)

Squeeze

not bad series of PS books, however, Deke does tend to 'dumb' it down a little for the average PS user.

imho

kiwi

Guru
Ya but does it have pics I can color in? [stuned]

Stu.

wbiss

Guru

AppleCider

Power User
Great book! I enjoy all of Deke's books. It's time for me to "upgrade" my PS Bible...last one I have is for v. 5.

What if they had upgrade prices for books too?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Matt, I bet that is a very good book. Mine's version 5 and I enjoyed it immensely.

No stu, the pics are already colored :rofl: .

My wife got me PS7 Classroom in a book but to tell the truth, I haven't gone through it coz of my tight as a nut scheds.

Enjoy yer book.

vee

Erik

Guru
Very good buy.
I like Deke's way of tongue-in-cheek boasting he's got dabiggest Photoshop ego.
I haven't seen this bible7 around here yet, but it is quite complete indeed. I know from bible6. The only negative point imo is that much important info is on the accompanying CDRom (like additional info on the displace filter etc), and that the PDF is print-protected. Yes, there are illegal ways around that, but a/ I don't like to wander in the marshes of illegal dead end streets, and b/ I find that if you buy a book, you have the right to print out additional info from the also bought CDRom. Saying that its protected to prevent illegal copies, is punishing the buyer instead of the penniless meanie. Although, after buying, the honest guy has less pennies than the meanie.
Ahhh.....life!!!

Geoff

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kiwi

Guru
Gaussian said:
kiwi said:
Ya but does it have pics I can color in?
Yes and that's why you should never buy it on E-bay...they might be colored in! :rofl:

Ya at E-bay they color over the lines too Gauss [stuned] [upset] {sacrilege} :rofl:

Stu.

wbiss

Guru
:rofl: Too, too, too, too funny!!!!!
Stu: Ya at E-bay they color over the lines too Gauss {sacrilege}
And don't forget, Stu... what's worse? [doh] You'll end up with ripped out (missing) pages! :rofl: I know! ;) ;\