What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration Old Family Relative

comisani

Hi, I found this old photo of my great-grandpa's sister. I wanted to show this to her daughter, however the photo is damaged. I need this repaired, and optionally colorised(P.S: Don't add any make up, she didn't wear any :) ) Lots of thanks in advance!
1669866_190333257844053_674149992_o.jpg

Had to take a few guesses here...tried 2 versions, one with original sepia tone and a second colorized...eye color is a guess...
Could use much more work but hopefully these are of some help... :)

sister vintage.jpg

colorized vintage.jpg

I would first try to either scan the image or at least photograph it so that it is in focus and no reflective light sources affect the result. The creases/cracks clearly show that the photo was out of focus.

Most AI usually only optimize the face/cracks - hair/clothing is not taken into account.

This would at least give us a better starting point, which would also lead to a better end result.

Thanks Chris ,I been playing lately with the generative fill, and with some extra adjustments I have to admit it's really helpful in some situations

Back