What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific One color solid photo

eXPlosion

I have a photo:
Network-Switch-and-copper-cables.jpg

I need this to look like this main page background photo. But it is blurred and dark blue, I need instead dark blue it's R :115 G: 92 B: 248 color to dominate.
1584619035_0_1558506066_0_N89A6823_4_574f9e5a28bc601721cfe537520d52a2-42d8d03338231a8eb5794771...jpg
Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 12.00.09 PM.png

Thanks,
but as in webpage I gave it still preserves yellow and green in it,
for example it has colors but it's main accent is blue.

slidervehicles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it something like that but i just realized it's not best color for main picture,.i think i will change the rest of colors and main picture will do that color as in examples i gave.
What method did you use in Photoshop to change color and blur a little bit?

I think it is a mix between duotone and RGB. But which second color ? Is it normal this horizontal flip ?

Network.jpg

I have new color R:2 G:85 B:142
I would say the best was first. Can you do with new color.
The red, green and yellow color must be in picture

Yes it something like that but i just realized it's not best color for main picture,.i think i will change the rest of colors and main picture will do that color as in examples i gave.
What method did you use in Photoshop to change color and blur a little bit?

I set a new blank layer overtop in colour mode, set the RGB values by your preferences and filled the layer with that colour. With a mask on this same layer, I used a black brush on this mask to reveal the
plug and wires colours only. For the first of my examples above, I simply reduced the value of the mask to desaturate the colours somewhat.

R:2 G:85 B:142
The red in the photo turns black at full opacity.
NetworkSwitchCables_003.jpg

I lowered the opacity to show red.
NetworkSwitchCables_002.jpg

You did not answer my question : why did you flip the photo ? I suggest to let you choose the second dual tone color (blue) and the yellow-green-red saturations by yourself with a PSD file that you can download here.
A last trial :

wires.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 12.00.09 PM.pngslidervehicles.jpg
NetworkSwitchCables_002.jpg

This one is best but compared to examples it is missing some lightning or white extraction I don't know

but compared to examples it is missing some lightning or white extraction I don't know
This has more to do with the original photo than it does with the blur and overlay. Your target photo is simply not the same as the example photos you provided.

Original photo
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 10.20.06 AM.png

Screenshot
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 10.13.48 AM.png

Original photo with overlay. (Note: The overlay color is not an exact match......it was as close as I could get for this quick demo)
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 10.13.18 AM.png

Back