What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos Of Hope

Pasat_14

Hey guys. I'm kinda new around here, not new to photoshop though...it's been my bestfriend for about two years now.
Well I've been asked to do some photography and edit it and all that kinda stuff for a book. It's a book about making people aware of depression, with stories from about 25 people in it. The guy that I've approached said he wanted some photos that interperate hope. I have no idea of what to take photos of though.
Does anyone have any ideas? That would be so so awesome!!
Thanks so much

Nadia.

MsOz

Power User
Start by brainstorming.
Write down 25 things that depress you . Storm clouds, empty streets, one sad, lonely egg in the refridgerator. Then try to write down 25 things that make you smile when you look at them. Babies laughing, dew on a flower, sunlight through clouds.
Then look at both lists, and see how many offset one another, and try to come up with images for those that don't have a happy offset. Storm clouds/sunshine. One lone egg/a happy breakfast of the one lone egg cooked, with a festive parsley garnish, and 2 strips of bacon.

Stretch your mind, you don't need creativity by committee, here.
If you need ideas, ask the "guy you approached" for a couple of examples of what he wants. That way, you can tailor your work to fit his expectations.
Always ask the client for suggestions, and try to brainstorm something, before asking strangers. If you have no idea of what you are doing, are you sure this is the job you should be attempting?

~MO