What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Install on MAC

Larry

Anyone know.....?

A friend of mine wants to buy and install PS 6 on a MAC. I was under the impression that PS is a x-platform program, and can be installed on a Mac or PC. He says that you need to get an OS specific version. Is that the case?

Larry

My upgrade CD {7} only has Mac on it,and I am pretty sure Windows versions dont come with Mac installers as well.However some software does come with both client software nowadays,for instance C4D does,so you are both right kinda :D .But to answer your question I think you have to still buy OS specific.

Stu.

PS is cross-platform, in that you can easily share files with another platform. However, the app doesn't come on a hybrid CD. Adobe has Mac and Windows version, with only one version on the CD.

PS is cross platform compatable in that the files created by each platform within PS transfer so long as the file is appended correctly. The program comes separately for each platform and there are some minor differencies, primarily in interface.

Back