What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop writing on a cast, got any ideas?

tmm1979

How can I make an effect that makes it look like black marker written on a white broken cast? I have tried everything i can think of, and nothing is giving me the look I am going for. Patterns and blending modes just give me a checkered look, displacement maps never seem to get it, and everything else just comes out looking grungy!

My goal is to make it look like a phone number was written onto a cast, so the phone number font must be big and bold and readable. I want it to look like someone drew big bubble letters onto a cast, sort of like the heart on image attached.

2013-10-30T212920Z_291279720_GM1E9AV0F2801_RTRMADP_3_OBAMA.jpg

Hello and welcome.

Here's one technique that might work.

On a new layer, use the Brush Tool to write out what you want on the cast.
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 1.17.17 PM.png

Set that layers blending mode to overlay. It will be light so duplicate the layer to darken.
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 1.19.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 1.19.25 PM.png

You can then group those layers and then add and clip an additional Curves Adjustment layer to tweak the effect.
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 1.21.22 PM.png

Back