What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixelart - Cannot Draw 1 px

fearosphere

Hello my friends,

First of all Sorry for my weak english. I wanted to start to learn Pixelart on Photoshop. But it draws 4 pixel when I draw 1 px with pencil tool.

I configured Gridline every 1 pixel in preferences menu.
I choose 1 px pencil size.
But it happens all the time like in thew screenshot... Do you have any solution about that?

2022-10-04_16-37-46.jpg

I think the problem is about Gridline and subdivision settings. Grids doesnt fit to the pixel when Gridline 1 pixel and Subdivison 1 in the settings. Grid fits when I set gridline 1 and subdivision 2.

1664897897039.png

Hi @fearosphere
If you want a pixel grid, you do not need to do this in preferences.
Just go to the View Menu and select Pixel Grid as I have shown in the image below.

Also note that even when using the pencil brush set to 1 pixel, it can still paint more than one pixel based on the Brushes and Brush Setting Panel.
To make sure there is not an issue in those panels just use the reset capability for those panels to avoid that issue
Hope this provides some help
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.28.40 PM.jpg

Thanks John. Actually The Pixel grid already ticked.
Pencil was 1 px.
But It hought I solved the problem in the Preferences menu, set some value in gridline and subdivision boxes.

Back