What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plug In Install Help

LeeUHF

Hi Guys, just got myself photoshop and recently got myself some plug ins.

I have No idea in the slightest how to install the alien skin plug in (DMG File?)

Any help is much appriciated!

Are you using a Mac or a PC Lee?
Generally most larger plug-ins, such as Alien skin, come with a self installation .exe. Just clicking it will do the installation for you. Sometimes you may have to guide it to where you installed your Photoshop app so it can find the 'plugin' folder. But other than that it does the job for you.

Other smaller filters will come simply as 1 or a group of .8bf files. Those you simply have to dump into your "Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins" folder (on a PC). Mac use a different directory structure but the "Photoshop\Plugins" part is the same.

NOTE: Make sure Photoshop is closed before installing plug-ins; or they won't show up until the next time your run the app.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back