What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poster for frogumentary " JUMP"

Good stuff Lily - as far as frogumentaries go, that's the best poster ever! Now dogumentaries - that's a tough market.

It seems to be (I have no idea) a good design - not overly busy with good colour continuity (breaking it with the grassy bits at the bottom in shades that complement the rest of the design) and selective use of effects - and some subtle humour to boot. Just a bit of an edge visible on Mr. Twain's photo - but that's nit-picky.

Doodad Thanks for nice words, I appreciate that very much.
I just add more information about the movie. It is funny and has very interesting
characters!
Just a bit of an edge visible on Mr. Twain's photo - but that's nit-picky
Since the background is very light if there is no edge on Mr. Twain's photo he looks like
dot. So I decided to leave it that way. ;)

Great DVD movie cover, Lily! There's relatively little known essay by Mark Twain which is his response to the complete flop of his story in France. He couldn't understand why "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calveras County" was such a success in the US yet be a bomb in France so he took it upon himself to translate the French publication back into English and then comment upon it. It is one of the funniest language essays ever written (along with his reactionary "That Awful German Language.")

Last year I did a poster for my Mom (who was 90) and a friend who also shared the same birthday, May 19. The poster theme was May 19th throughout history. One of the entries I chose was 1928, the first annual Angel's Camp frog jumping contest.

http://homepage.mac.com/wellesgoodrich/May19th.jpg (WARNING: This is a big image! 1200 x 1553)

Once again, great peice of work lily! :}
FN for frog nudity...LOL! 8D

Welles Thanks for that information. I have to find that one. ;)
I am glad you like the cover.
Director Justin has sence of humor that I like very much. People from the movie are so sirious abot frog jump competition, and they live whole year prepearing for that day!
Poster that you made for your mom is awsome! Great work, thanks for sharing it with us. 8)) :perfect:

p?tr??k Thanks.
FN comes from film approch to this event. The movie is more than just : tell the story.
It will be in video stores soon. I will keep you posted.

Back