What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preparing large scale document for mural (how?)

cheesy_duck

Hello everyone, It's my first time posting here. I'v been searching for a few hours online and youtube on how to do this, without much luck. I'm wanting to start to learn how to prepare graphics in photoshop for a mural. I'm not sure where to start with the document settings (am not used to print large format), I've printed only up to A4 paper size, or larger canvas.
Attached is a plan for a wall, it's in a unique shape. There's another wall, but it's almos identical.
I've read that it's best to work in one document, rather than in "pieces", but if I'm wanting to create a document with the max height and weight (1885 cm height and 1406.8 cm width), but as you can imagine when I created a document at that size, at 180 resulotuion or higher, its HUGE, over 36GB. So I feel that the best way to prepare is focus on the dimentions and ratio, because painters don't obviously need a document that big, they need the right dimentions to get started.
Ive read some things about how to decrease the size but am still a little confused - do I decrease it by 80% or less?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I hope I have explained my situation correctly.

Thank you.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back