What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem needs a solution

Eric Cooper

Today, for the first time, I tried to open up Photoshop on my computer and got the following message: "unable to initialize Photoshop because scratch disks are full" (or words to that effect)
What does this mean and how do I correct it?

Maybe this will help you?

It tells you to press Ctrl + Alt while launching PS and it will get you to choose a different Scratch Disk.

Is your HDD almost full?

My HDD is quite possibly almost full as I store the video of our wrestling season there. Time to transfer it to my portable Hard Drive...

It tells you to press Ctrl + Alt while launching PS and it will get you to choose a different Scratch Disk.

Hopefully you have another partition that has space on your HDD, and you can choose it to store Scratch. But, easiest solution for you is to clear your C drive on a regular basis.

Well would you look at that! After moving the video files to a separate storage unit, I can open the Photoshop program again! Thanks for the advice!!

Back