What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabianPruitt

I've set up an Action to turn images into 'Sketches' or line drawings and it's working ok. I've even got it to start by using the F5 key and saving the finished Sketch in a folder on my desktop.

The problem is I have 42 images in a folder and I can't get Photoshop to load them one at a time and change them into sketches, I'm having to open them manually.

I know about 'Droplets' on the Desktop but at 76 I'm just getting started and Droplets are a bit advanced at present.

Can someone tell me how to automate this process, please? I've added a snapshot of the 'Action' so you can see what I've done so far.

Ashampoo_Snap_04 March 2022_11h01m46s_001_.png

Hi @FabianPruitt
There are two approaches for batch processing files and both are covered in this Adobe link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html

In your case I think the File > Automate > Batch command might be the better choice.
The key for using these is the options on over-riding any open or save commands in your Action as that is usually taken care of through the Batch process. Works great when you have that figured out.

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

I know about 'Droplets' on the Desktop but at 76 I'm just getting started and Droplets are a bit advanced at present.
You can use batch automate command like mentioned in above comment or
Creating a droplet is also not that complicated.
As you already have your action ready you just have to
Choose Source and destination folder and which action to use, that's it.
Check below tutorial for better understanding.

Hi
Aakshat
I followed the Youtube video and created a Droplet on my desktop but unfortunately, it didn't work. It says it can't connect to Photoshop which I think is strange as its clearly a .exe and its showing the Photoshop association in the description.
I've taken a couple of snapshots and put them in attachments.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks a lot.

FabianAshampoo_Snap_04 March 2022_22h11m54s_002_.pngAshampoo_Snap_04 March 2022_22h23m36s_003_.png

Hi
Aakshat
I followed the Youtube video and created a Droplet on my desktop but unfortunately, it didn't work. It says it can't connect to Photoshop which I think is strange as its clearly a .exe and its showing the Photoshop association in the description.
I've taken a couple of snapshots and put them in attachments.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks a lot.
Fabian

Here is one solution i found on adobe forums. See if this works for you.

Droplet couldn't communicate with Photoshop

Hi Aakshat
This solution,

Solution
I had this same issue and I figured out the solution. I am running Windows 7 and Photoshop 11.0.2. You have to run Photoshop as an administrator before you create the droplet. You must create the droplet when Photoshop has been run by an administrator. It's really easy:

Right-click Photoshop, click "Run as administrator"
Create your droplet
That's it!

Worked in part, I didn't get the 'Can't communicate with Photoshop' message as usual but Photoshop opened up and I had to save my graphics as PNG instead of PSD one at a time. It wouldn't do it automatically.

As I said it's a start as it actually worked when I put my folder over the desktop droplet. But not in the background like all the videos on YouTube do.

I'll play around with the Droplet dropdown box and see if I can get a better response.

Thanks for all your help.

Fabian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back