What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with lighting effects

JeffK

Guru
Hi all:

I'm having a problem with the lighting effects tool in PS.. Currently on Windows 7 and using PS CC version 19.1.5. I didn't upgrade to 2020 since it doesn't support Windows 7.

In any case, I can open the dialog box by going to Filter - Render - Lighting Effects. I get the properties dialog box but I don't get the controls. If I keep left clicking, the controls will eventually pop up, but the moment I release, they disappear again.

Missing these controls:

1601916465549.png

I've checked online and there seems to be a bug with no real resolution. Have any of you encountered this issue? Only other step is to connect with Adobe support.

All help, guidance, and insight appreciated.

- Jeff

Hi Jeff
Have you tried different settings in Preferences in regards to graphics acceleration. Sometimes those bugs are graphics card specific. One way to narrow the troubleshooting is to turn off all graphics acceleration and if the problem goes away, then high probability in the graphics engine. Next steps after than is to upgrade all graphics firmware etc to see if it helps
A shot in the dark yet not an unlikely culprit.
John Wheeler

Hi John -
Many thanks for the response. I tried changing preferences but that either did nothing or made it worse. I'll try the updates and see if that helps.
Thanks again for the time and attention!
- Jeff

Back