What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems exporting .png files

BigJiLm

I am working on my first 10k NFT minting and using photoshop, and i have groups for all the different attributes; hair, eyes, hat, etc. Basically i am isolating a hat i like, and removing the background & erasing the bits of skin & such to just have the hat. My canvas is 1000 x 1000 px and using a drawing of a person as my model that will have all the different variations. I'll have 10 different hats, 10 different hair styles, etc. When the NFTs are minted, they will randomly assign one of each that i choose.

In order to "mint" my NFTs I need to export the .png files in folders for each atribute with the same group name, and when i do an export, it exports as .png its just exporting the dimensions of the hat, 800 x 850px, not the 1000 x 1000px image size. When i try to copy & paste the image into a new layer to see how it will "mint", the image is just the size of the hat, and not 1000 x 1000 px, so the hat is not aligned how i want it.

so i tried to export with a 1k x 1k canvas and that did not help, same image dimensions, 800 x 850px when i put back into a new layer . So i exported as both image and canvas 1k x 1k px, then open it, copy & paste new layer on main image and now the hat is much bigger. So i am stuck and would love some advice. I can't export as .jpg as i need the bakground to be tranparent so each atribute can show in the stacking order.

So how do i export an image of the hat so it keeps its size, 1000 x 1000 and relativity to the main head image, IE: on top of it and not to the side of it? Any and all help is appreciated and do ask any questions you have. Thank you in advance!

BigJiLm

Hi @BigJiLm
Maybe this link on an Adobe Community Forum might help some:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/export-without-crop-trim/m-p/9914373
Hope this helps
John Wheeler
Thanks, interesting post and there are so many problems brought up in the replies. I have about 10 groups and 10 layers a group. I did try this suggestion: File>Export>Layers to Files and while it appears to be making PS go crazy, in my export folder it renames each layer: Wench-master-layer_0001s_0007_Silver-Hat.png, when the document is named Wench-master-layer, and the layer was called Silver-Hat. And when i open it, its 1000 x 1000 and the hat is pretty much in the right place. But if i copy and paste it into a new layer on the main file, it centers it, and the image is 1000 x 1000. So i think i fixed the problem, i'll just have to go do an individual name change, and will check if i can remove names in a batch, though each one is numbered, so i'll still be stuck with 0007_ to delete. Now i am going to run it all the way through to see what happens. Will report back.

BigJiLm

My problem is solved. Here is one of the file names; Wench-master-layer_0004s_0002_Burberry-Glasses.png
The name of the main file is first, then 0004s is the 5th group, 0000 is the first, 0002 is the 2nd one, and the Burberry-Glasses is the layer name. Now i'll just have to edit the names, though the images line up perfectly!