What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSD file into HTML

pintu

Hi,

I am very new to photoshop. I have a photoshop template with psd extension.

Is there any way to save it as a html file, so I can edit it in Frontpage or Dreamweaver.

Hi again,

Is is a photoshop file ( a website template ). Can you edit this with Frontpage or Dreamweaver.

I edited your post G to read PSD not PDF. ;)

Welcome to the community pintu. Hope you enjoy your stay. :perfect:

What you're asking to do is possible, yes. But it would require you to "slice" up your image document into the separate areas for your Web page. The "slice tool" is on the top-right side of the Toolbar.
Then you'd add details to the sliced pieces like name, alt tag, etc... and then save the entire document (page design) out using the "Save for Web..." option under the FILE menu.

Specific detailed information on "Designing a Web page in Photoshop" can be found in the PS HELP! files.
But here, check this out: http://www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials_web.html
PlanetPhotoshop.com has some good tutes on this subject. Unfortunately, i have yet to find the time to do some. But i will soon i hope. ;)

Once you've sliced your image, you can open it with ImageReady then apply rollover and 'on click' effects. When saved 'optimized for web', ImageReady will create a web page with the html code by placing your slices in a table, create the java script for effects and create an 'image folder' and place all the slices in it.

I use Front Page and once I copy all the images from the image folder and copy/paste the web page created to my website folder I can edit the html as needed before 'publishing'.

Here's one of my web pages showing what ImageReady can do.

Hope you like the music too. :)

Doc

Back