What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puting photos side by side

Bob38

As you will all guess I am a complete novice in photoshop sc6 this is why I keep asking questions. I have gone over photoshop but unable to find an answer. How do I put two photos side by side so I can work on them, I've looked in the help file, but it is not installed in my version of CS6 which I have recently downloaded from Adobe web site.

Thank you

Hello Bob.

In CS6 your images open in a single tabbed document (canvas) unless you open them in the same document. If you want two tabbed documents working side by side, you go to WINDOW > ARRANGE > 2-up Vertical. You can now see and work on each document. You will have to select (click on) the document your working with.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 7.56.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 7.56.20 AM.png

There are other options depending on your needs. If this is not what you were wanting, let me know.

Back