What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Space Jam Logo Edits??

JeffK

Guru
Curious - why are all these Space Jam requests by new members who we never see again?

Mainly because they the do a net search or image search for "Space Jam Logo edit" and our forum pops up! They also see others on fivver (and other paid venues) doing Space Jam Logo edits, but that would mean that would have to pay. They join the forum looking for FREE work, fail to look at all the older failed request threads, ask for an outdated and overused Space Jam logo edit, which we are all bored to death with, and then when no one responds to the request, they move on.

This may sound harsh but it's a matter of reality. This is just one of those ridiculous fads that just keeps coming back.......over 43 times! Also, most of these new users don't understand that there's actually quite a bit of work that goes into these requests. Some are very difficult!

If they were smart, they would make a paid request and ten members would do the edit!!! I personally have vowed to never do another free space jam or tune squad edit myself..............not without getting paid. But out of conflict of interest, I don't do paid edits here in the forum, so I won't be doing any more of these antiquated space jam or tune squad edits.

But they are allowed to make a request without any of our forum members giving them grief for it. Not that it's what I think your doing here. Many requests go unanswered and the users/requestors move on, so it's not only limited to the space jam/tune squad edits.

Personally, I tend to think that there is always one and the same person behind it, who offers this custom logo for a fee, but doesn't want to do the work himself.
This would explain that these requests mostly occur at intervals and nobody asks if nobody answers the request.

But that is just my personal opinion...

Personally, I tend to think that there is always one and the same person behind it
Well............I don't know if I had heard you mention this before, but I had the same thought. I was (and still am) very diligent in checking IP addresses of each new member asking for the space jam logo edits, making sure it was not just one individual letting us do his work for them. If it is the same person..............they move around world a lot and use different internet providers!!! But it is possible that some could have been the same individual as I realize IP's can faked/spoofed.

I'm with [ iLLuSioN ] on this - the phrasing just seems so similar I kept thinking it was the same poster coming back for additional edits for free, then reselling them or using them on party invites etc. and selling those. It would make commons sense that if they posted on the paid forum the members would jump at it. But if they pay once, then they'd have to pay again when they reappear.

True - maybe I was intending to throw some shame into the mix and hope the OP jumped to the paid forum...

I’m not sure if it’s one person or more. It’s apparently quite popular in this world. Just for grins I searched for businesses just on Etsy that had the phrase “Space Jam Cards” and was surprised at the choices that showed up. So is it a person(s) looking for help in their business or their customer(s) wanting a free solution it’s hard to know. FYI

E981983D-073E-4ED4-A6CD-5A876868103B.jpeg

Back in the day when I worked in print production, I worked with a number of premium vendors specializing in logo items - ie shirts, mugs, pens, etc. I knew they were sub-contracting out the work and didn't actually produce any item themselves - it was all brokered. Never thought about them also brokering out the artwork. But it makes perfect sense. Provide soup-to-nuts production including artowrk, sub it all out, then add a markup and resell.
But in that model everyone gets paid including the designer. Sometimes, if you've done some heavy lifting with these paid vendors, you might look for a favor. But to always look for a freebie.... :confused:

I'm with@ [ iLLuSioN ] on this - the phrasing just seems so similar I kept thinking it was the same poster coming back for additional edits for free, then reselling them or using them on party invites etc. and selling those.
I hear you...............but the IP evidence tells a different story.

True - maybe I was intending to throw some shame into the mix and hope the OP jumped to the paid forum...
Just for grins I searched for businesses just on Etsy that had the phrase ‘Space Jam Cards” and was surprised at the choices that showed up. So is a person(s) looking for help in their business or their customer(s) wanting a free solution it’s hard to know.
Odd for you two to bring this up!!

Almost all LOGO related work gets re-directed towards the paid forum. However, a discussion was had by multiple staff members many years back and a decision was made that any requests for Space Jam or Tune Squad edits were done for fun purposes and not for commercial work. I disagreed then and I most certainly disagree now. I feel that any logo related work should be in the paid forum.

Back in the day when I worked in print production, I worked with a number of premium vendors specializing in logo items - ie shirts, mugs, pens, etc. I knew they were sub-contracting out the work and didn't actually produce any item themselves - it was all brokered. Never thought about them also brokering out the artwork. But it makes perfect sense. Provide soup-to-nuts production including artowrk, sub it all out, then add a markup and resell.
Exactly!

The best thing we can do as a forum is to continue to ignore these FREE requests. Please do not make suggestions to move to paid...............based on the earlier decision I mentioned, even I am not really allowed to make that suggestion.

But to always look for a freebie....
This will always be the problem for the free edit forum..............it's one of the reasons that the number of edits allowed was limited!

Here are 13 more Space Jam Logo Edits that were not included in the current count. Thant makes 56 total requests since November 10, 2017. Most of these were removed since they were actually Tune Squad edits that were titled Space Jam. They were not included in the Tune Squad count either.............that would be 12 additional Tune Squad requests.......89 total!

Click to enlarge.
SpaceJamPosts_02.png

Back