What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Layer Styles Question: Double Outline on cut image

LouieLemonz

Hello! Photoshop noob here,

I want to have a double border on this image here. (Outside white, inside black)

I used the pen tool to create the diagonal cut at the top (for design purposes), and then added a stroke effect to add the black inside border.

I can’t find a way to make the second outside border. I tried trimming the image to add a back canvas. But when I trim the layer, it doesn’t trim the area that I cut out with the pen tool.

Any help would be much appreciated!

6252AD13-7865-48AD-AB83-7C8FB0A605BE.jpeg

Make a selection of your image (the trapezoid shape). Then on a new layer, select Edit>Stroke and create an outside stroke in White, using whatever pixel size you want. Does this do it?

1597973866032.png

Hi Louie
You did not mention what version of Photoshop you use yet for the past 5 versions of Photoshop (back to Photoshop CC 2015), it has allowed multiple versions of the same Layer Style parameter.
You can add an inner stroke in black and then add an outer stroke in white (or whatever colors you want.
Lots of ways to do it yet this capability is built in to each pixel Layer so not more pushups that using Layer Styles (If I understood your question correctly)
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Back