What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick option bar trick

AppleCider

Power User
You know how when you want to change an option, say the radius of the rounded rectangle tool and you carefully click in the box, delete what's in there or double-click to highlight, and type in something else? Don't you just hate that? Here's a tip I found saves time. Instead of doing all that, simply click on the option name to the left of the box. That will highlight the box and you're ready to type. (Note: this tip works in many places in Photoshop. Try it!)

clicktip.gif

...aaaaand... you can also use the UP & DOWN arrow keys to adjust the setting number.

Pressing only the up or down arrow keys alone changes the amount by 1 pixel at-a-time. Holding the SHIFT key down while using the arrow keys changes the amount by 10 pixels at-a-time.

And this too applies to just about any setting in PS that uses a numeric base. :D :perfect:

Thanks, for the tips both of you. I never knew that and it will save time, especially when I am half a sleep and can't see straight.

Sanby

Cool Julie! ;) I was doing it the "hard way" too...up until now! :D Thanks for sharing that one!

Hmmmm....didn't know that "shift" thing either, Mark, for 10 pixel increments! Thanks. :D

Back