What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

real newbie question

piterm1

hi everyone
im new to photoshop and my skills are progressing really slow :D
im having trouble with overlaying one image over another
if anyone could tell me how to do it
basically i have two pics of , one big and a small that i want to have over the biggger one, but I want the second (small ) picture to be transparent so that the background of the first picture is still visible, or distinguishable.
help please :)

heya pitern nice to have ya aboard! :perfect:
well to get a transparent effect, just play around with the Opacity and Fill bar in your LAYERS PALETTE and hopefully you'll get the effect you need :D

P.S. if you dont know where the layers palette is go to the tope of the screen to WINDOW and click on LAYERS ;) hope i helped ya out :perfect: and feel free to ask anymore questions, the gurus here are more than happy to answer any questions

Welcome aboard piterm1! :)

And, hey... thanks for jumping right in and helping out, Geoff! ;)

Right on target Geoff!

Opacity and Fill Opacity are the things you need to worry about in your situation. [excited]

Welcome aboard Piterm, doesn't take long to get an answer here, we have an agreeable, knowledgeable gang B7

Welcome Piterm.

Geoff, great answers, hope it solves your problem Piterm

Sanby

its a shame that we havent heard from piterm, but oh well maybe he'll be back :D

We hope so, Geoff! ;)

Back