What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistic 3D Character Creation...

theKeeper

Guru
Hey guys!?
This site/artist was just brought to my attention by a friend.

Checkout the excellent Gallery of his character images:
http://www.vetorzero.com/kaya/kaya1.html
I also highly suggest checking out his movie! He's come real close in his attempt to mimic realistic human movement.

Great details in the texture used.

A really interesting site Mark and quite astonishing what some people are capable of :shocked:

Amazing. 3D has always been something that baffles me (at least as far as real 3D programs go) I can't understand the math. Someday I'll wrestle with Bryce, which I have.

Hi AppleCider,

Bryce requires no math at all bud.
Just jump on in and start picking scene options, and creating your objects using the primary shapes, or the premade models that are included with the program.

About the only thing needed to learn for making objects with Bryce, is the Boolean operations. But those are actually quite simple once you read a little about them.

Here's some basic info on that:
  • Boolean Union = the joining/merging of more than one object/shape.
    Boolean Difference = subracting one object/shape from another, and ending up with the Difference between the 2. i.e. ending up with the area where the 2 shapes were touching.
    Boolean Subtract = subtracting the area of one object with another; i.e. by using a 2nd object to cut away a sections of the first one. [/list:u] And there are a few more as well. But do a little reading about this cool function - Boolean Operations - and you'll be creating scenes in Bryce in no time. Also checkout Bryce tutorial sites around the Web; there are a lot of them. http://www.renderosity.com/ has a good list.

Thanks, Mark, I'll try it :) The x,y,z axises and camera angles are kinda intimidating, but I'll give Bryce 4 a shot. If I get the hang of it I'll upgrade to v 5 which is OSX native. (I'm getting so I hate running anything in Classic)

Ya do that AC... i think you'll find things much easier to grasp once you become familiar with the terminology used.

X, Y, & Z simply refer to side to side ( x ), up & down ( y ), & forward and back ( z ).

Keep in mind that there are a few oddball 3D apps around that do not use the x, y, & z axis in the traditional manner. But you'll probably never use any of those apps anyway.

Back