What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Recover information from overblown photograph

Meep

Been scanning our old family negatives and came across this picture which has vastly overblown highlights probably caused by the camera flash. I've scanned it at 4K to get as much grain information as possible. Can the darks be recovered?

I've had to upload to Google Drive.

Jpeg
Image 29.jpg

So you know you haven't been ignored - I may not be the best choice to do this but I worked at it best I could. Eventually converted to b/w and then added some color. Concentrated on the woman in the image since that was most important and that's where the most detail was lost. What's frustrating is seeing her in the image but not being able to "pull" her out. Others hopefully will jump in.

recovery 3.jpg

Thanks. I scanned it again at 10K. Probably overkill, but can see a slight bit more detail in the important area, between the two.

Using your first image it is very tough to get reasonable information. Will take a look at your second scan
Here was my try with my skills and my tools yet other forum members likely can do bertter
John Wheeler

Image-29-recovery-attempt.jpg

Back