What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding the Post It Tutorial

cookeys

Hi,

This is m y first post. I was trying to do the Post It Note tutorial, but I ran into some problems pretty quickly. Basically, I'm trying to figure out exactly with "Pen" tool I should be using. In the tutorial, it says "choose the solid pointer icon (this is a general selection tool)". This isn't at all clear to me. Can someone please clear it up for me?

Thanks

theKeeper

Guru
Ok... i'll give it a whirl. ;)

Say you have the PEN tool in hand, right... well if you hold down the Ctrl/Cmd key at the same time, your cursor changes to the "Direct Selection" path tool -- the lighter of the 2 path selection cursors.

And that's the one you need to use for most Path operations.

That help? [honesty]

wbiss

Guru
Welcome to the forum cookeys! :)

And good luck with the "Post-It Note" tutorial! ;)

Geoff

heya cookeys, great to have ya here :perfect: :perfect: can't wait to see your results :D :D

cookeys

Ok, I'll give that a try and see how it turns out. Thanks. And thanks for the welcome. :D

hedsteve

cmd key is for Mac... it looks kinds like a square with loops coming out of all the corners... (I prefer PC myself but classes use Mac...)

hedsteve

cmd key is for Mac... it looks kinds like a square with loops coming out of all the corners... (I prefer PC myself but classes use Mac...)

AppleCider

Power User
Cmd key: AKA the Apple Key, the Cloverleaf, the Propeller Key.

The Cmd key is the equivalent of the PC Cntrl Key. And the Opt key on the Mac is the equivalent to PC's Alt.