What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove double chin and add a face mask.

Rich54

Guru
Here you are. (By the way, did you photoshop the gold chain around your neck? Something about it looks unrealistic.)

sean is a boy.jpg

sean is a boy - mask.jpg

Rich54

Guru
@Rich54 Thanks so much! Yes haha, I tried to recreate that Drake Album Cover, and I know its not the best.

I figured it was something like that. Try giving the chain a small drop shadow to make it look like it's sitting on your body. Also use a layer mask to get rid of the tip on the right that's hanging off the edge. You want to try to make it look like it's wrapping around the back of your neck.

slavicgirl

Wow great job @Rich54

How did you do it? It looks really realistic.
I understand if your not willing to share, but i wonder whether the mask was already that shape or you had to manipulate it to that shape with warp or something else?
I also wonder how you made the cord look so natural against the skin without it looking like it is "floating above it"...

Rich54

Guru
How did you do it? It looks really realistic.
I understand if your not willing to share, but i wonder whether the mask was already that shape or you had to manipulate it to that shape with warp or something else?
I also wonder how you made the cord look so natural against the skin without it looking like it is "floating above it"...

Thank you. I'm definitely willing to share. That's the whole point of this website—for all of us to teach each other.

I started with an image of a mask where the person was in profile, rather than the mask provided by the OP, which is a ¾ view. Then I used the Liquify filter to shape the mask to his face and have it line up with his ears. One problem with using Liquify extensively is that it tends to make the underlying texture blurry, so I needed to re-build the mask texture in certain areas once I was done shaping it. For the cord on the mask, the one in my original photo wasn’t behaving very well, so I erased it and drew my own cord using the Pen tool. I gave the cord a Bevel & Emboss treatment to give it some depth and make it look like it’s sitting on his face, and I also added Noise to give it some texture. (A drop-shadow also helps to anchor an item to it's surface and avoid that "floating" effect, but in this case Bevel & Emboss did the job.) I also added some shadow along the right side of the mask to make it look like it was puckered a little.

Rich54

Guru
Thanks Rich!
I’m curious as to what a bevel and emboss treatment is?

Bevel & Emboss is one of several Layer Styles available to apply to a specific layer. Bevel & Emboss gives an object a 3D thickness effect with lights and darks. This tutorial gives an overview of Layer Styles.