What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove person from photo

RedDwarf4Ever

remove person from photo please and move left person along to fill the space

need to remove person X and hopefully move person Y to the right, thank you......the large image orig is obviously the one to work from Thank you

orig.pngexample.jpg

RedDwarf4Ever

You guys did these so well, what procedure / steps ? I tried my self, managed to cut out the unwanted person and select the one for moving, but couldn’t get the ground or steps to look good, tried content aware fill but wasn’t good, maybe should have used the clone tool ? Thanks again

Rich54

Guru
You guys did these so well, what procedure / steps ? I tried my self, managed to cut out the unwanted person and select the one for moving, but couldn’t get the ground or steps to look good, tried content aware fill but wasn’t good, maybe should have used the clone tool ? Thanks again

Content-aware will pretty much never work if there are sharp borders or specific shapes that need to be created. Content-aware works best for the interior areas of amorphous shapes. For example, if you have a person standing in knee-deep, swirling water and you want to get rid of that person, then content-aware might do a passable job of filling-in the water where the person used to be. Personally, I almost never use content-aware for anything.

In this situation, it was mostly careful selections and the Clone Stamp:
  • I'm a big fan of the Pen tool for accurate selections. I used the pen tool to select the guy & baby and then slid him over to the right.
  • For the upper tier of the steps, I grabbed the existing curved end on the right, flipped it, and copied it onto the left side.
  • Luckily, the guy in the black FILA jacket is squarely facing us, so I was able to create the left side of his body by copying the right side and flipping it.
  • Most everything else was done with the clone stamp.