What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remove the time delay on reporting threads/posts

KRF

Power User
Hi,

Please can admins remove the time delay on reporting threads/posts.

I use the report button when I feel it's spam or breaking the rules, as I'm not a mod I have to use the report button, but having to wait 60 between every report is to long, as the report button is there to help the staff find problem posts/threads, I think it's only fair that there is not time limmit on reporting said threads/posts.

Now before any one say's "it my get abused" then lets try it, see if it does, if not, then every one is happy, if not then put it back the the old way.

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts. Please try again in 60 seconds..

It's not a time delay, it's an Anti Flood setting if i'm not mistaken... I dunno how vB is setup but i know you can do it in phpbb but only if a user is added to a certain group and you then set the permissions for that group...

Again, im not sure how vB works..

If this was my forum, that setting would certainly stay enabled, it keeps spam to a minimal.. However maybe adding you to some group would remove it.

Hmm I see it also but no biggie

Is it only when you guys report? I don't know vB's script to well but im doubting there is a separate setting for Anti Floods for Reporting.. It may be scripted in with the Post settings..

It's exactly as you said DU, flood control.

I do think 60 seconds is a bit much and actually I wasn't aware of this, so thanks for pointing it out KRF.

I'll look into reducing it but I'm not going to completely remove it.

It's exactly as you said DU, flood control.

I do think 60 seconds is a bit much and actually I wasn't aware of this, so thanks for pointing it out KRF.

I'll look into reducing it but I'm not going to completely remove it.

It's not a time delay, it's an Anti Flood setting if i'm not mistaken... I dunno how vB is setup but i know you can do it in phpbb but only if a user is added to a certain group and you then set the permissions for that group...

Again, im not sure how vB works..

If this was my forum, that setting would certainly stay enabled, it keeps spam to a minimal.. However maybe adding you to some group would remove it.

I really don't see the point of keeping a flod control on the report function.

The report function is there to help the staff find problem threads/posts faster, by the members pointing them out, so having a flod controle on the report function only make more tie for the members using the forum.

A different way to look at is like this:

The report button is there for the staff, so that members can report thing's like spam, and staff can sort out the problem

The staff put a time on it so you can't report post unless you wait for 60 second, between every report.

I for one wont report any more posts if there is a time restriction, as I don't want to be spending time waiting to be able to report more than one thread/post, and as the report function is there to help staff by getting rid of e.g. spam, and also the members so there isn'[t a lot of spam or any at all on the forum, it helps out every one on the forum.

But having to wait to report something is a bit silly as it helps everyone, not just staff bt members as well, so why have a time restriction on the report function

Is it only when you guys report? I don't know vB's script to well but im doubting there is a separate setting for Anti Floods for Reporting.. It may be scripted in with the Post settings..

yes it only happens when you report a problem thread or post, I can post as many times as I want with out any time restriction, I'm not sure if this is the same with PMs as well, but having a time restriction on reporting threads/posts, but not having one on posting/making new threads, that's not going to stop spam, the report function wil help get the spam that does get through cleand up.

I know what your saying m8. I do know there has to be a value to set for for that control so im sure it can be turned down... But if other functions look at that same value and same id of the value then there is no way to turn it off completely and not have it affect the rest of the other functions coded in to the script..

Back